Saturday, December 5, 2009

Lion fish

Lion fish, the fish with a amazing appearance. Its fins and its color is the special feature of the lion fish. I am a fan of lion fish. Though its venomous its characteristics does not seems to be aggressive in its movements. Its very rate to sight lion fishes near my area. They are very sensitive fish and keeping it in aquarium is a hard task. Tank should be maintained with care. Lion fishes mostly prefer live feeds than the processed foods. I had a chance to closely, observe the characteristics of young lion fish at my office aquarium. It was a cute little lion fish. its size is smaller than a pointing finger. It’s a red lion fish. its fins are cute and bright. It swims very slowly with a glamorous appearance… daily I will spend some time with the little fellow. Lion fish will raise its fins if it get fear. Bigger lion fish will be fearsome when it raises its fins. We must carefully handle it, if we keep a lion fish at home. Its spines are poisonous. Though the effect will not be fatal but it causes severe pain. I tried feeding it with the fish pellets. But the little one will rarely have it. I rarely see him attacking other fishes. It will swim all around the tank. It was there for only 2 months, I felt very bad when it could not make out. I miss my little lion now :’(

No comments:

Post a Comment