Saturday, December 5, 2009

My first fishes

I love fishes very much. I started keeping aquarium at my young age. i love to go near rivers ,lakes, wells ,canals etc. I used to sit near the water and I will keep admiring the cute fishes. When I was around 4 years I used to go to river with my dad every Sunday. I like to jump into the river and be with the fishes : ) I will try to catch them in all the means but that task will be a impossible task for me. I still remember a needle fish which was pure florescent color. The fish in the day time will glow beautifully …. I was so attracted by its appearance and its impact is still with me after many years. At summer the river water depth will be lower at some part of the river. That will be best time to catch fishes. I found a way to catch fish finally : ) I used to dig big U shaped hole in the sand near the edge of the water flowing area. When the river water runs the small fishes will also come with the water current. I will keep my hand blocking the fishes and pushing them towards the U shaped hole. If more fishes are coming on the current some fishes will be trapped in the hole. i caught 4 silver fishes successfully once. I took them all to my home and kept them in a big water tub : ) 4 of them was with me for many years. When ever put some feed for them I will be very happy to see them coming up and having it : ) Some times I also used to play with torch at nights. I will point the light exactly to their swimming spot. Their shells will be glowing when the light is focused over them…

No comments:

Post a Comment