Saturday, December 5, 2009

flower horn fish

One of the basic thing which we need to take care, While keeping an aquarium is the group of fishes, we keep should be of same qualities. We cannot keep aggressive fishes with the soft characteristic fishes. Some times very rarely aggressive fishes go along peacefully with the soft characteristic fishes. It happened for me once. I kept flower horn fish with Fan tail gold and angle : ) At that time I don’t know about flower horn fishes. I bought a small pair of flower horn fish and left in my tank. I used to feed only pellets and rarely worms. My tank was not so big at that time. It was arround 12 yrs back, I had only a small tank. I think flower horn was not so aggressive, as it was grown from its young age with the other buddies. One of the flower horn died in few months :‘( But the other one was with me for more than one year : ) I was surprised how it was so calm in my tank. its hump started coming into good shape. Its green dots were the highlight of it. I used to keep my tank in the sun light area. Its green dots will glow like neon lamps : ) His size will be my size of my hand… OMG I still remember its color and its fearsome look… Though he was grown up he did not show his aggressive nature in harming other fishes. He used to swim faster only when I feed the pellets. He will eat a lot .. he used to open his mouth very wide for the gulp. In one gulp most of the pellets will go in : ) After the feeding time, He will calm down in piece … he is such a sweet heart. I did a mistake by not covering my tank. my brave fellow jumped out of my tank when I was not at home.. I miss him a lot…………. :’(

No comments:

Post a Comment