Friday, February 4, 2011

My Fighter fish nest

In few months, my female fighter’s body was bigger than the male fighter. In fighter fish male and female differentiation can be done very easily.. Male will have large tail and two large lengthy spikes like fin below its head, males body size will be smaller than its tail size, males are more aggressive than female fighters they have a very special feature, they will put out their gills when they are fighting or when they want to attract the females.Female fighter fish will have a bigger body size than their tail. Its spike like fin below its head will be smaller. I kept male and female fighters together in a dark tub. After few days male fighters started building its nest by putting bubble layer on the water surface. The bubbles were in pale golden and light brownish color. Male lost some of its pieces of its tail to the female fighter and female lost few of its shells. I was surprised to see both the terrors finally get along with each other : ) One point of time both of them clubbed together with their mouth. It’s their mating style. My female fighter color had become bit dull. In few days the nesting of my male fighter has become thicker and its base has increased. I was so eagerly waiting for the eggs to be placed on the nest. So I was keeping my eyes always on the nest….

No comments:

Post a Comment